You thought creating an e-commerce website was tough work that required very specific skills ? With Snipcart, all you need is… a website !
“Using simple HTML markup, turn any existing website into an extensive shopping cart platform. Snipcart allows payment processing, shipping estimates and order management without ever letting your customers leave your website.“
All you have to do is sign up to Snipcart, and then add the Snipcart script to your pages : this will automatically add a checkout cart to your website ! Next on, simply turn your links <href> tags into a buy button : “The markup allows you to define your product’s properties, including the price, the weight, the product name, the product page and anything you can think of ! “
So once a buy button is set up, click on it will make your cart appear :
With this very smart system you get to keep your customers on your website throughout the whole checkout process : “no redirections and no back and forth from one site to another ” ! Also, you manage your sales and orders directly on your Snipcart dashboard, with even provides great analytics to help you keep an eye on your products performances.
Other nice features and advantages Snipcart offers :
- Mobile cart is mobile friendly (responsive).
- The cart is 100% customizable since it’s pure HTML/CSS : it can easily fit your website design.
- Snipcart is integrated with the major shipping gateways (FedEx, UPS, etc…) to give a real estimate of the shipping cost for each and every product you’re selling.
- The service is available worldwide, no matter what country you’re selling from or shipping to.
- Snipcart is integrated with multiple payment gateways : Paypal, Stripe.
- All Snipcart’s interactions and exchanges go through HTTPS to ensure security.
- You can use Snipcart to sell both physical and virtual goods (e-books, softwares…).
Sounds great, but how does it costs ? Indeed e-commerce CMS or other platforms are generally rather expensive… Here, you’ll find honest pricing based on a transparency : Snipcart will charge a 2% fee of the sales you make, and that’s it. That way if you don’t sell, you don’t have to pay anything for your shop ! They even offer special pricing for high volume sales on demand.
Alright no more suspense, here’s the link to that amazing tool :
I thinks such a solution is a very smart answer to making online selling easy ! With basic knowledge of HTML/CSS, anyone can start an e-commerce activity in a click. Don’t worry, the Snipcart team has a full documentation for you to get started with their tool with step-by-step explanations : docs.snipcart.com. You’re welcome !